Sunday 20 January 2013

Workshop 01 - Folding Paper

Well to get started on this project we had a workshop showing the interesting forms we could make and how they could portray a product or brand, in this case ourselves.

We started off with simple folds and worked our way up to changing aspects of a complicated net to suit a specific theme that was given to us by Glyn.


This picture is the result I obtained when we were given different brands and had to make something from them, I chose the 'o' from the Halfords logo, giving it a curved fold on each side emphasized it's accelerating shape which I thought fit well with the brand.


 This is the net I modified, I sort of broke it as it wouldn't fit together due to the curved folds, but I was going for an elegant shape like a chest or gift box for jewelry.

I learnt quite a lot from this, the exercise really helped me understand how much goes into packaging design.


No comments:

Post a Comment