Wednesday 23 January 2013

Audience

So to find out who I want to target audience-wise with my self promotional package, I went straight to Google, I've never thought about this before and found it really exciting to see the companies out there who could represent future me in making a career out of what I enjoy doing most. I wanted to look for agencies who already represent artists whose work I fit in with, it just wouldn't make sense to be represented by an agency who isn't known for the type of work I will create.

Article for future reference: http://www.computerarts.co.uk/features/finding-agent 

First to hit the list is Central Illustration, which was founded by Brian Grimwood in 1983 and has a great collection of artists, including the dust collective which is good to hear.

Secondly we have Eye Candy who are based in both the UK and New York, which is great in case I fancy moving during my lifetime, aside from that their range of artists I feel is limited somewhat and in my opinion they seem to favour a very specific type of illustrator, nothing really like the work I want to do.



Leading on I found a very exciting looking agency that goes by the name Folio Art, having looked through their artists and finding some really colourful and vibrant work this looks like a really good agency to be under, especially after seeing artists like Gez Fry who has worked for clients like Industrial Light and Magic, a really big company owned by Lucasfilm, making films like Cloud Atlas and the Star Trek movie.



The last agency I looked at is the Lemonade Illustration Agency, these have a really diverse artist selection which gives me confidence, looking at their client list just added to that, overall it seems like a great place to be represented by.

If I had to choose from the four great places I've looked at i'd have to go with the Folio agency, the artists they already have and the clients they seem to have worked with are great, their website alone stands out to me as a professional agency, easy to use and nice to look at, if I'm going to be under an agency I want to be represented by someone who makes it easy for clients to find my work, otherwise they'll just leave and go to another agency.




No comments:

Post a Comment