Saturday 26 January 2013

Curated By

Just on the train back from the Curated By event, couldn't stay for Erik Kessels which was a shame but the other talks were great.

It started off with Morag and it was nice to see her bold typographic work especially in my hometown, a big piece of advice I got from her and the other two speakers was to try and make the future, don't replicate the past (what's the point) and balance work between making a living and making your career enjoyable, you will always have work you have to do to get by.


I enjoyed Jack Schulze's presentation the most (they were all very insightful) but I am very much a tech guy and to see Jack's innovations turned out very inspiring.


Johnny Kelly's talk was weird in some places but thought provoking, although I felt it wasn't as strong presentation wise and it would have been nice to see more of his work process.

Glad I braved the snow to make the talk and will definitely try to make the most of the advice/knowledge I've received.

No comments:

Post a Comment