Tuesday 29 January 2013

Logo Development


Here are the logos I took forward from paper sketches and planning, overall I think I have a good selection of different styles, some of which reflect me more than others but I will provide a brief description of each. All the logos are black and white because I believe a good logo should work in it's most basic form without colour, which can always be added later.

  • Number 1 and 2 are an abstract self portrait of the contours of my face, not the nicest looking chap I know haha, but I like the bold lines and thick bounding box, it reminds me a lot of Shepherd Fairey's Andre The Giant image.
  •  
  • Number 3 and 4 are a form of my initials I use on some of my illustrations already, I really liked the shape so I vectorized it and it turned out pretty well, the tapering lines provide character to it, I think it reflects me a lot.
  •  
  • Number 5 is a basic drop shadow using the Futura font, I think it's clever the way we can look at this and see how it forms an A and R, making the audience feel sort of clever.
  •  
  • Number 6 is a lowercase freehanded signature, it's not my favourite, it's too loose and doesn't work well in my opinion.
  •  
  • Number 7 combines the overall shapes of A and R in a way I think works, it's by far the simplest logo in the collection, which could work in it's favour.
  •  
  • Number 8 and 9 play with the idea you don't need all the lines in a letter to make them out, I did 2 versions with different line weights, I prefer the lighter version, it might look better in a container (such as a box).
  •  
  • Number 10 combines the lines of each letter together to create a whole, I think it works well but the point at the top of the A is really sharp and distracting.

I will ask my peers to vote on which one they think is best and suites me as a designer.

No comments:

Post a Comment