Wednesday 30 January 2013

Packaging Net Testing

So I really needed to sort out my nets for my packaging idea, the lid was pretty simple, the only problem I needed to solve was how I was going to fill the corner that has been 'cut off' here are some photos showing progress of the lid:



As you can see I progressively got to a decent point for the lid, and I think it works really well.

Next was the base which turned out to be more of a challenge, seen as I only have a base and 2 walls there was a problem of stability and whether or not the 2 walls would be really flimsy.

I came up with 2 solutions to make the base and test how well the walls stood, here are some photos to show how I tackled the problem.


 Aobe is the first solution which consists of folding the paper underneath and gluing it in place, this looks tacky and would take away the flat surface.


 Then the second solution involved creating an oblong that would hide the paper underneath, I think it adds to the solidarity of the overall package as well as you can see below.



I prefer the second one, although I will have to take into account the design that gets printed on the base as I want the package to look good with the lid on and off.


No comments:

Post a Comment