Wednesday 17 April 2013

Damn you Adobe.

So my original intention to create my animation was to create 3d object files using Maya and import them into After Effects and animate them.

I got as far as creating a coin and exporting it using Photoshop as a .psd only to find out that you are no longer able to import 3d psd files into After Effects as of CS6. So 3D is a no go.

I'll probably end up using Illustrator to create the elements of my animation and importing them to After Effects and use the camera depth of field to give my animation a 3d space.

I don't think the aesthetics would have been very nice in 3d anyway and it would probably take a long time to get the animation done, using 2d elements from Illustrator will be a faster more convenient way of animating.


No comments:

Post a Comment