Tuesday 12 March 2013

Test Animation

I wanted to see what the forms of animation I might want to use had to offer, so I did some test animations just for fun, the first animation is a digital cell animation done in Photoshop using the animation tools it had to offer (converting layers into frames onto the timeline), It's definitely easier than drawing the frames on paper as layers can be fully transparent.

It has a nice quirky quality to it and doesn't take relatively long, especially with digital shortcuts you can utilize.

There is a part where some of the lines don't move and it's pretty noticeable, I'll have to thoroughly check my final animation for things that I may have missed.

Lastly I've looked into stop motion animation using iMotion HD on my iPad, it's very tedious and even with onion skinning enabled it can take a long time for a certain shot although I can see why people enjoy making and viewing them.


I'm definitely opting for digital animation, it might not have any traditional qualities but I think it's way more flexible (less limitations) and I will be able to use it to it's full potential on my final animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment